Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Coldfusion Developer Pay Scale, Which is correct?

I've been doing some mild research with pay scales from all over the web. Some from Career Builder, Pay Scale, and Monster, all of which probably get the most traffic as far as I know (Just a guess). Reason being that I believe that I am insanely under paid Coldfusion Developer. I think it's safe to say that I am not over exaggerating on this one bit because my yearly salary is no more than 31,000 a year. Not only do I develop in Coldfusion, I am also fluent in the necessary languages to develop web sites such as the obvious: HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Not only that but I do in house tech work when needed. Again, I am also quite handy when it comes to putting together databases and codeing out the SQL for the applications.

After saying to myself, man, I need to take a look and get a general idea of what I should be making. Just an estimated salary would even set my mind at ease. That's not exactly what happened after I took a look at some of these pay scales. To be honest, I was a bit shocked to see that the average developer salary is 52,197 a year. Now if I was getting that I would be able to pay my bills and not be living pay check to pay check.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm the best developer out there but I do know my stuff and I can and will code my brains out. I just wish I would get what I should be getting and hell, I would button my mouth up if I even got to 50,000 a year. I'm not a complainer, I just need the salary that should come with the position so I can take the next step in my life.

Linkages for pay scale sites:
Pay Scale
Career Builder

- Pete

No comments: