Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Might be time for a change

It's quite amazing how easily people get use to something and are very hard headed about change. As for myself, I love change, I personally believe it's healthy to make changes and get your feet wet with new experiences. Not everyone feels the same as I am very aware of.

Well, the reason behind me bringing this up is that the Internet is changing constantly, and if your not prepared to go along with it, or learn about the direction it's going, you might lose the battle and your clients. Now a days, developers are creating web sites that are easier for novice users to handle and interact with along with ease of making updates.

I'm finding many web studios still using the same standard that they used when the Internet was first introduced. Not only that, but they tell their clients they have limitations in specified areas when they surely do not. I say take the time and learn what's going on before your world starts to crumble around you.

Some companies are still coding completely in HTML and using table designs which makes a web page act like it's loading from a dial up network. It's 2008, about to be 2009 and the standards, abilities and technologies are definitely available. So why on earth wouldn't you use them to their full extent.

As for myself, I will continue to use the cool new technologies that are often free of charge as long as I know where to get them and will code using todays standards and not the standards that were found back in the early 90's.

No comments: